I've wanted a blog forever, and now I have one, and I find it unnerving to post. Not really a good sign, I'd say, but I hate first posts and autobiographies, as a rule, so I'm going to pretend I'm confident that this will fade and say that I am, and maybe it will make it true.
The number one reason why this blog exists is to hopefully remedy a persistent problem I have with keeping in touch with people. I love e-mail; I personally think it's one of the greatest inventions of all time; I would never talk to over half my friends if it didn't exist. But I'm a junior in high school, and it's getting on toward the end of the year. At present I have about three projects, the SAT, and of course EOC exams hanging over my head. It's hard to write ten or twenty e-mails daily, no matter how much I want to, and I procrastinate with schoolwork as it is. While blogging might also be time-consuming, I'm hoping that by posting one item every couple of days or so that everyone can read and comment on, I can let people know I haven't fallen off into some random place beyond the edge of the world and still get my schoolwork done. :) Not that I won't still e-mail, of course...
So, this will be a place for thoughts, experiences, writing prompts and articles (and probably a great deal more to do with writing--I am a writer, after all), links to interesting stuff on the net, probably some of those cool little blog quizzes (just because), discussions of politics and other current issues, and I don't know what else. Enjoy. And if anyone comes across this and thinks it's pointless and decides to tell me so, just know this beforehand: I don't care, because you're wrong. Everyone has something to say, and I happen to be a someone, just like you, so don't waste my time or yours; just don't read it. For those of you that are interested, enjoy...if that's the right word. :)
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My gwathel, that is so true about wanting to use your God-given passion to let others to Him. Of course I want to do the same thing, but I think there's still a little "want to be famous too" in me. :)
Namarie, nai Iluvatar tye mÄnata, Melinyel, Your Piptane :)
Antane! You commented! Someone commented! Hahaha, I was beginning to think no one would, and how embarrassing would that have been?
I don't really know, my number one priority is to impact people and do God's work through my writing, but yeah, I'd like to be a Paolini or a Rowling and have my books be so popular that they'd make me enough to live comfortably on...if I could just do that without getting famous. A little might be nice--I could buy extravagant gifts for my friends, give to worthy causes, fly out to visit out-of-state friends and actually stay somewheere decent when I went there (as in hotels, I've seen enough of seedy ones to never want to be in one again), and pay someone to drive me around because of that, live wherever I wanted to live, urban or not. It would be great. But then there's the other side of that. Everything you do and say gets talked about, everyone knows about it, and you're under tremendous pressure to please the public. There is an author whom I admire very much; she's an absolute genius, and has a way with words unlike anyone else I've ever read, it's just absolutely incredible. She's also a millionaire, and has written seven books that will be trademarks of the twentieth and twenty-first century; grandparents will tell their grandkids they were in the lines out the doors when book such-and-such came out and got theirs signed and whatnot, and this isn't frivolous stuff. The author even has her head on straight, something to be noted and nodded at, since not many people who get very, very rich manage to keep theirs. Yet she has yielded to that public pressure on one very noteable occasion. When I found out, I was disgusted, and still am, and I, as well as many others, make a point of ignoring it when we can and showing disdain when we can't. I'm never going to go for what she said, because she made a regular fool of herself. This was a comment about a character that was definitely a crowd-pleaser, but doesn't match up with what she wrote in her books. If that's what fame is, then it's sinking, not rising--and this woman is supposed to be a Christian! For shame, for shame!
Blessings,
Lizbeth :)
Post a Comment